Friday, November 4, 2011

Update

Hiya,

Well, things have calmed down, and I'm busier than I ever thought possible :-)
Mike is doing very well, and we both thank everybody for their well wishes, and good thoughts.

Now is when the really big rush starts though. I had no idea what he went thru when I was sick, and I love him even more for it! We have one appointment or another at least every day for the next month, so I won't have a lot of time to come here, but I will keep you updated as we go along.

We had company yesterday for about 3 hours or so, and when they left, Mike laid down on the cough and slept for 2 hours. He didn't hurt or nothing, he was just bone tired. He's also getting restless. This is a good sign, don't get me wrong, but it also makes it harder to keep him from doing too much. Starting today, we'll be gone a lot, to rehab, docs visits etc, so he may be a little more tired and take it a little easier, but the ultimate goal is to be "as good as new". I'm just a little hesitant. I want him to heal, but I don't want him to have another heart attack. I know I can't protect him, but I have the almost unstoppable urge to wrap him in bubble-wrap and keep him quiet! LOL. I don't want to smother him (He doesn't take well to that, to say the least) but I feel so helpless. Other than trying to beat him to every activity I THINK he may want to do next....... I'm going to have to leave him be.  So, if I come back, and make absolutely no sense again... it's probably not that I'm loosing what's left of my mind, but I'm just frazzled LOL.

Well, we're off to rehab, the hospital for a seminar, base and the store........

hugs, and thanks again :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Pauli. Glad to hear Mike is doing well. Take care of yourself also. I will just keep checking in to your site to see how he is doing. Tell him hello for me. Take Care...Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m glad that Mike´s getting better. Not so sure about your own well-being though. It sounds as if you need a good rest yourself. Try not to worry too much and take one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete