Friday, November 8, 2013

It happened overnight......

Somehow I went to bed 51 and woke up 52 this week............ Bummer! Because I don't feel older than about 35ish inside, although my body does not agree with that assessment!  Stop laughing :-)

Besides that little set back, a lot happened since we last talked.

We discovered that going to base for groceries on Saturday is NOT a good idea. Most of the shelves were empty, and if you went by the crowd in the store, you'd say it's Christmas eve, and everybody just discovered that the store is closed tomorrow! LOL It was nuts! Luckily we only needed a couple of odds and ends, so we were out of there in notime. Tomorrow, we will go right at 10, since Mike doesn't want to do the shopping after work, pick up what we missed on the Economy, what we don't get, we'll get at Market when we get home, and hopefully we're done around 1..... We plan on being at the dump by 8 when they open, get rid of the paper, plastic, glass and tins that have been congregating in our "bijkeuken", the little ante room next to the kitchen where the toolbox sits, the pantry resides, and the litter-box finds a place, and the recyclables. I think it's a good thing, don't get me wrong, but having to wash the garbage, because it sits in the house......... nah, I can do without that. Luckily, unlike regular garbage, we don't pay to get rid of recyclables, so that's a good incentive, but still.  I always loved the recycling that was done here. We separated batteries, glass,  paper and even medicine was turned in to the pharmacy so it wouldn't end up in the landfill in the 80's. But I  never thought that I would have to keep it in the house, because they did away with local drop off points. Oh well, one more thing to chalk up to.. "That's the Holland I came back to".

I didn't get to scrap long, but I did get some things done..... I had the Point In Time challenge add done on October 20, and posted it yesterday...... DUH!


Come join us in The Studio

I'm still working thru the One Page Wonders, but couldn't help playing with BooLandDesigs latest kit, called: WISH. It is simply magical in the diversity in elements and papers.

I took part of the included word-art poem as part of the title.

The trees included in the kit, just seemed to beg to be put in the picture!
She also has a couple of really awesome gift-idea kits out... 2014 calendars in 5 different forms!

4x6 CALENDAR

FOCUS ON ONE CALENDAR

BUILD YOUR OWN CALENDAR

BOOK MARK CALENDAR

QUICK PAGE CALENDAR

I can see ALL KINDS of fun uses/gifts for these.... I know I will have one printed out, in individual pages, and put in my dayrunner, to separate the months. The family also has a "secret santa" going on for December 8th...... a neighbor who loves to read..... so who knows?

 IVYSCRAPS is having a birthday, with freebies, extra challenges and an all out party mood on the site. Go take a look! I have it on very good authority that there is a whole bragbook to be found........ I saw Download A Day and a Blog-hop also.......... I don't think there was a better time this year to go check out the site.

I joined the avatar and signature challenge: :-)  Haven't started yet, but soon........

Oh, did I tell you that we had another fire in the street last Monday night? Well, we did. Totally opposite the place that saw 2 fires in 24 hours, the place that had the fire on Monday night,  had a big honking spotlight on the house before dark on Tuesday! It is on all night, every night. I sat up till well past witching hour this week, and haven't even seen the people that used to walk their dogs at night.... So maybe the spotlight DOES keep people away.


Mike is off tomorrow, and I think he is planning on staying up tonight, so maybe I can get some sleep before chores tomorrow. BUT, on the upside, if we're done when we hope we're done with the running of errands, we'll have the rest of the weekend to ourselves. (Read, Mike plays the SIMS, Pauli putters around in the computer room. LOL) Sounds like a plan, right?!!

Well, off to make that shoppinglist and start dinner......

Don't forget to hug a loved one!?
Pauli


No comments:

Post a Comment