Thursday, May 31, 2012

busy doing nothing.....

You ever had one of those weeks that you feel you've been running your legs off, and you have nothing to show for it?

It's been that kind of month for me..... I feel like I have no time to breathe, but I look around the house, and nothing get's done.... I sleep thru the night, every night, which is a welcome improvement over 2 months ago, so it's not that I'm dragging for lack of sleep..... It just feels like everything is an emergency and needs dealt with NOW, and so, whatever plans were made for that time, get pushed back... W A Y back!

So, a couple of weeks ago, I had to drop Mike at work, and take the car for errands that would not take another "push back", got lost because I misinterpreted Mikes directions and decided that after I got "sorted" and was done with errands, I was going to visit the castle in Hoensbroek and have a cup of Hot Chocolat, since it was pretty much miserably cold and wet. And so I did!
We'd been there last summer during the jousting weekend, but you really don't get a good look at things if the line of people wanting to see the same thing you do, is 4 rows deep. So..... I took my time, sat and reflected, checked out the odd stuff, like wall-paper, curtains and fireplaces, took pictures, and as a whole... took the afternoon off! LOL. I made "my kind of pictures" as Mike calls them... floors, locks, reflections, eaves, doorways and some from normal things, like these of the castle.

Kit used is Star Song Studio's  Nymphea.
I pasted the swans from the kit in the pictures, because the ones that were actually in the mote while I was there, kept wandering off!  I ended up with 3 different pictures with tail-feathers as the only proof that they were in the water. LOL

I played with the template from the template challenge over at the studio, where, incidentally I discovered that I HAD NOT posted the challenge AND when I tried to, also discovered that I flubbed up on the month.... so. There will be no challenge this month, and before I can post it next week, I have to redo the add for it, since it states that it's for April......  BUT...
I made this page for the template challenge. I like it. I took some liberties with it, replacing some of the elements and all, but the page came out the way I hoped.......

Photo's were taken in Pella. The kit used is Booland Designs' Dalliance I picked up in the Buy my store bit a couple of years ago.

I just can't help it, but I just can't get enough of flower pictures, somehow. These pictures were taken at Keukenhof last year..... We missed it this year. Too much going on. It closed last week. HOWEVER.... Every 4 years they have an international flower show, the Floriade.... and guess what. It's being held this year, about an hour and a half from here, and it runs till October. I'm going to make a very HUGE efford to make it up there. If I can't find anybody to go with.... I'm going to have to go alone. I checked out the guide for it, and it looks awesome!

Kit used is Booland Designs' "May Day" She's still the featured designer, until the end of May :-)

The following pages are made with Ivy's Mega. It's still available. It's called "Let's get moving"
I specially like the licence plate... Took me a while to figure out what it meant though.... My brain is not all there yet. A couple of years ago, that wouldn't have taken more than a glance to have me roaring!

Mississppi River Museum and river front in Iowa

Perky's overseas adventure

Bailey Bridge at Overloon War Museum


one of the "Pauli pictures" taken at the castle. Kit is Booland Designs ILLUSION

The unexpected snowstorm in Cedar Rapids. City Hall is on an island in the river. It looked sooooo lonely.
Kit used is Booland Designs MAMA DEAR

Wolf and Wolverine pictures I took on my trip to the zoo last month. The Cheetah I took on  Sisterday  last year.
The kit used is MOTHER MINE by Booland Designs

During the free World War II record search at Fold3, I found ships records for Mike's dad. It was a gap in his records which got explained :-)
Kit used is SAVVY by Booland Designs.
It has pirates , but I didn't think that they fit the page.... But, the Tuffree tree will need them!  I just couldn't find the right picture to scrap LOL

SUNSHINE by Booland Design.

So, this post turned out to be an essay..... sorry about that. Hope you enjoy the pages. Even if it is half as much as I enjoyed putting them together, I will still have made you smile :-)

Hope to talk to you later this weekend, and in the meantime, try to stay out of trouble, and hug a loved one!  If the "staying out of trouble" doesn't work, just give in and enjoy! LOL

Hugs,
Pauli

1 comment:

  1. It looks as if your kind of doing nothing is a lot different from mine. You´ve created a lot of pretty pages. And at least you got away from all the nastier chores by going off to visit the castle. It´s lovely by the way and a lot like one I´ve seen in Bavaria.

    Off now to write a list of all the tedious stuff I neglected during the recent warm sunny spell (remember that?) and then throw it away and go out to see what damage the torrential rain of the past few days has done to my garden...

    ReplyDelete