Friday, May 4, 2012

Perfect day......


 Last Saturday was World Tai Chi Day and it was celebrated 30 minutes away in Heerlen, among A LOT of other places.
I thought I had taped the form we are learning, as well as the warm up excercises but I guess I should have figured out HOW to, instead of just knowing that the camera could... I have exactly one second of each! Bummer. I took a bunch of pictures, including some of my teacher while he was performing different ways of TaiChi. 
I learned a lot. Some I knew, but didn't understand, until talking to people who have been doing TaiChi for a lot longer than I have, but also that there are a whole bunch of different "forms" besides the one we are learning, which is the basic of all others and is called, oddly enough, 24 :-)
Besides ours, all the different forms/excercises are also done with swords (straight and broad) and with fans..... and that's just what they showed Saturday!
There is also a less "restful" version of TaiChi, which is called the Shao-Lin. This really shows a lot more of the energy, power, and the combat character of Tai Chi. I don't care for it much, because it is a lot less smooth in movement, but I can see it being very effective :-)

China, is still available at The Studio.
I used the alphabet, clusters, masks and kit.
They're still available as a bundle or separate.

I've loved Boo's designs long before I became a "Blossom", and the kit CHINA was part of a buy-my-store from 2010 over at The Studio. I loved the colors of it, and the fact that I could use it to scrap our pictures from our trip to Singapore to visit my sister..... well, THAT hasn't happened (yet) but I found a way to use the kit ...... :-)

Also, Boo is Featured Designer over at The Studio this month! Go take a look at her special kit called MAY DAYS.......


I have finally remembered to put my Point in Time challenge up for the month......

I used Boolands kit "ILLUSION"


OH, before I forget again.... International Scrap Book Day is this weekend..... Keep an eye on your favorite shops.... There's usually A LOT of goodies around this time of year .....

Don't forget to hug a loved one :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment