Wednesday, May 2, 2012

OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY!!!!!

My head is spinning.....
I made a plan, shit happened, I made a new plan, the fan received more stuff, and here I am, on my 3rd plan for the week, and it's only wednesday!!!!!!

I will not bore you with the first 2 plans, but the third plan is..... making a schedule and sticking to it, if it kills me!

Perky went to the vet yesterday, and I thought he had lost weight, but he's turning into me.... He needs exercise and a better diet. He also received stuff to help him get rid of hairballs.... Believe me when I say that this is a good thing... there's just nothing that brings home that point better than stumbling to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and stepping in it! LOL.
His fur turns out to be extremely long for a siamese, even a mix, and with the weather.... well, lets just say, we have the heater on one day, and the windows open the next. I can dust-mop followed by vacuming followed by, wet-mopping every inch of the house and 2 hours from now, there's clumps of hair in pretty much every corner, but he's not going bald, so he replaces as much as he looses..... 
Ive' been taking him for short walks , and he has his Ivans he runs in the middle of the night, or late evening, depending on how many hours he napped in the daytime, and since he's real finicky when it comes to food, we pretty much let him eat when/how much he wants....... some days that's almost nothing, and some days he keeps his bowl pretty empty, no matter how many times we fill it up. Obviously, the snacking still outweighs the moving. The walks will get longer, playtime will be twice a day and his snacks will be diluted with "weight management" food..... He's had it before, you know, one of those little snackbags you get when you buy a big one, and he liked it, so.... that's one hurdle taken. Vet said he's not FAT, but just a little overweight, and it is a good time to start keeping him trim, and a lot easier than losing the weight if it goes up a lot..... just like me... Only, I'm in charge of my own food bowl/shopping, and there in lies the rub! LOL.

Mike is on full duty, and he is soooooooo tired when he gets home. I usually don't catch him walking up to the house, just hear the door, but yesterday I did.... He walks like every bone and muscle in his body hurts. Around the house I don't notice it much, since I try to have him sit down as much as he'll let me, and we haven't really been going out on his days off, so I haven't watched him walk more than a couple of steps..... I feel so bad, I can't do anything for him. The chiropractor we found seems to relieve the pain in his back only temporarily, so far, so I'm hoping for the longterm benefits to start kicking in soon.  Meanwhile, I'm taking him off the "I cook, he does the dishes" chore division, which prompted me to make my third plan of the week.

So, since today is a total waste, between taking him to chiro (poor guy couldn't even move enough to get his shoes tied this morning), dropping him off at work, do groceries so he won't have to, coming home, doing chores, go back and pick him up, I decided to take the "doing chores" time and decide on what things need to be done, when/how often, how long it takes to do, what I want to do except the "have to's" and put it all in a time schedule, leaving a little room for incidentals like last minute, "crap I ran out of food" moments LOL. Right now, I'm at lunch :-)

Just wanted to share..... thanks for listening!

Hug a loved one sometime today. Life is short, and you never know what tomorrow rolls your way :-)


1 comment:

  1. Who´d be a human by choice? I´ve decided that in my next incarnation a cat´s life is for me. Nothing to do all day but walk to and from my food bowl and, if I turn out to be a Siamese, occasionally run up and down the curtains...

    ReplyDelete