Tuesday, July 24, 2012

please read and pass on.....

I just received an email that really got to me... Take from it what you wish, but please read first.
We're talking your personal safety, and/or that of your loved ones. Since an American friend sent it to me, I have to assume it happens mainly there, but there may be a word of warning for all of us. If someone is sick enough to come up and do this.... chances are there are more of them out there!

I don't want to be an alarmist, but things like this scare the bejeebies out of me and if even parts of it turn out to be true..... I will be glad I put it out there. I do my normal precautions when I'm out alone (Keys between fingers, keep an eye on surroundings, glance in the back seat before I get in the car) but at the same time, I have a hard time believing that everybody has ulterior motives, and sometimes  I'm pure and simple gullible!

 Subject:  Warning for Women - Serious
>> MAKE SURE YOUR DAUGHTERS, FRIENDS, RELATIVES, ETC. KNOW!
>>
>> This was written by a guy from KVLY-TV in Fargo .
>>
>> This is something that happened to us on the way back from vacation last week. 

>> At first I didn't think much of it until now.
>> The reason we were a little suspicious is we had been riding in a
>> jeep all day with 100 degree temps and we stopped at a truck stop for
>> something to drink.
>>
>> When I was leaving, a young girl followed me out and
>> asked what kind of cologne I was wearing.
>>
>> Well, after 7 hours in the car sweating, I don't
>> think you could tell if I was or was not wearing any cologne. We just
>> got in the jeep and said no thanks.
>>
>> About 3 weeks ago, I was at a service
>> station in Birmingham getting gas. It was about 9:30 pm. I was
>> approached by 2 men and 2 women in a car. The man that was driving
>> asked me 'What kind of perfume do you wear?'
>>
>> I was a bit confused and I asked him 'Why?'
>> He said, 'We are selling some name brand perfumes,
>> at cheap prices.
>>
>> I said I had no money. He then reached out of the
>> car and handed me paper that was laminated; it had many perfumes on
>> it. I looked quickly at it and gave it back. I said, have no money. He
>> said it is OK, we take check, cash, or credit cards.
>>
>> Then the people in the car began to laugh. I just
>> got in my car and said no thanks.
>> Then I received this e-mail yesterday and it sent
>> chills up my spine.
>>
>> Please read this. It is no joke. Here is the e-mail
>> I was sent:
>>
>> Dear Friends:
>> I know not all of you are women that I am sending
>> this to, but am hoping you will share this with your wives, daughters,
>> mothers, sisters, etc. Our world seems to be getting crazier by the
>> day. Pipe bombs in mail boxes and sickos in parking lots with perfume.
>> Be careful. I was approached yesterday afternoon around 5:30 PM in the
>> Wal-Mart parking lot by two men asking what kind of perfume I was
>> wearing. Then they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous scent
>> they were willing to sell me at very reasonable rate. I probably would
>> have agreed had I not received an e-mail warning of a 'Wanna smell
>> this neat perfume?' scam.
>> The men continued to stand between parked cars, I
>> guess to wait for someone else to hit on. I stopped a lady going
>> towards them, pointing at them and told her about how I was sent an
>> e-mail at work about someone walking up to you at the malls or in
>> parking lots and asking you to SNIF F PERFUME that they are selling at
>> a cheap price or at least compare to which one you like best.
>>
>> THIS IS NOT PERFUME... IT IS ETHER!
>>
>> When you sniff it, you'll pass out. They'll take
>> your wallet, your valuables and heaven knows what else. If it were not
>> for this e-mail, I probably would have sniffed the 'perfume' but
>> thanks to the generosity of an e-mailing friend, I was spared whatever
>> might have happened to me. I wanted to do the same for you.
>>
>> PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS AND
>> PLEASE BE ALERT AND BE AWARE. IF YOU ARE A MAN AND RECEIVE
>> THIS, PASS IT ON TO YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS.
>> Ladies, this happened to me yesterday and I didn't
>> smell the perfume either, thanks to this email. This is true. Believe
>> me, I know. I was over by Big Lots in the parking lot at lunch time
>> when I was approached.
>> So either day or night, it does not matter. There
>> were 3 guys together when I was approach ed. I called the police when
>> I got back to my desk. Like the email says above, LET EVERYONE KNOW
>> ABOUT THIS - YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, CO-WORKERS, whomever. It helped me.
>> The first thing that popped into my head was this e-mail warning.
>> MAKE SURE YOUR DAUGHTERS KNOW!
>>



Stay safe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment