Friday, October 18, 2013

All's well......

You probably are getting tired of the updates, but every time I get the "you're good" results at the hospital, I feel like I could jump over the moon, if my body would only let me! LOL
So..... That's all I'm going to say about that today.

My attention span is back to normal (for me, at least), I have energy to tackle what I left for the last week or so, while worrying, I made plans for after the next check up,(this is a B I G deal!) scheduled things closer to today, and I'm chomping at the bit to get going on the holiday season! I know, I'm so bad, hurrying the year along, when it's going so fast already, but the Holidays is my favorite family time of the year, and I'm trying to get the courage up to tackle the house to get ready for company........ Our holiday season starts with Mikes Birthday, progresses to mine, Thanksgiving, SETTING UP THE CHRISMAS TREE, followed by Sinterklaas and Christmas, to peeter out at the changing of years..... Mike doesn't celebrate his birthday, but he lets me bake a cake for him. We have had that tradition for as long as we've been together..... I bake his birthday cake, and he bakes mine. That's all. Now that we have my family close by, that makes for a little bit different scenario. Mike still doesn't celebrate, and on my birthday... the house is packed!(Not really hard to do, but still....) LOVE THAT!!! One thing I missed in the US, was that nobody will drop by unannounced, not even on your birthday, when they know it's your birthday. Here.... not so much. Even if you invite absolutely nobody, you better have some cookies in the house and your phone better be charged, because if people know it's your birthday... you're having company! :-)

My sister invited us for Thanksgiving. Odd, because it is not celebrated here, but I'll take it anyway I can. We were told, all we have to bring is us and the Turkey....LOL It would be so much fun to show them a new holiday tradition! Mike may have to go to work the next day, and than we would not make the drive, but I'm hoping things will slow down, and after all the weekends he has worked, (and nobody else having to) they'll cut him some slack, and give "Black Friday" to him. Would be nice...... (not holding my breath though)

I am officially off the CT team at Ivy Scraps. Not completely by choice, but more thru circumstances, completely WITHIN my control... LOL.  I took over the Ivy Leaves section. This means, that at the beginning of every month, I go thru the galleries for the challenges, and keep track of who entered, and whether or not they used an Ivy designer. If they did, I give them 3 leaves, if they didn't 1. I add up all leaves per member, make coupons, send them out, hope I did everything right, and if I didn't.... I redo, and apologize profusely!  I'm learning, so the apologizing is getting a little less though....... Besides The Leaves, I've added a friend/designer to my list of CT's.... If things would have stayed the same, it wouldn't have been a problem to do it all, but the duties changed, and something had to give, so I'm still doing the Bingo Pages, extra's if needed (Like for the birthday bash coming up in November!!!!) I just replaced the site CT duties with Waite For The Moment designs and Ivy leaves. Same amount of work but a little more leaway in the "getting it done" part.
Jan has sent me a coupon for things from her store, and I've looked at them, but I've been in such a muddle over my check-up, that that's all I've done sofar...... Planned for next week: Shopping at Ivy, designing pages, scrapping (oh fudge, do I have to!? LOL) and posting..... so keep an eye out for some new "stuff"

Boo, as always, has been busy, but I have not been keeping up. I saw this morning that she has a couple of REALLY cool kits coming out soon, and I DID snag one of them....... She is also taking "old" kits out of the vault, and putting them back in the store for a bit, so if you missed any...... now may be a chance to pick them up!

She has a collab with one of my favorite designers, Linda Cumberland. Its called Autumn Surprise, and I just HAVE to share a page one of the fellow CT's made with it. I absolutely adore the way she put the page together, and I am very much considering scraplifting that puppy!! :-)

Page by ARIADNE

Ann is still gathering peace in a cabin on a lake, and I wish her all the peace she needs. And, for a bit, I won't be scrapping her marvelous kits.... well....... atleast not new ones, but I'm not done with the "old" ones for a long while, so I'm not running out of ideas, yet!


My "Point In Time" challenge over at The Studio, is back on track, I think. Made it 2 months in a row, and I'm working on the one for November, so I think I'm ok there.....



If you want, have time, and think it will be fun to showcase the pets in the family tree.... Come join us. It's still early in the month :-)

Part of my plan to "regroup" is a schedule, and I just noticed, that I'm well into "chore time", but.... I had fun catching you up, meaning I will have to swiffer a little faster, or forget about that until tomorrow......... I'm SO HAPPY I put a catch up day on the schedule! LOL

Don't forget to hug a loved one?
Hugs,
Pauli


3 comments:

  1. Heavens! There´s so much going on in both your life and your mind I hardly know where to start but I really have to say first of all that I´m glad you´re well. That´s the most important thing. But please don´t wish too much of the year away. You never know what´s round the corner on the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. It's a little like asking "what's next"... Learned the hardway never to ask that again. I'm past my little bout of extra energy, so leaving the year to it's own pace is fine again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´m reminded of the saying, "Be careful what you wish for."
    Remember The Monkey´s Paw?

    ReplyDelete