Monday, December 10, 2012

Happy Tuesday :-)

Too early for Christmas wishes, and I couldn't think up anything clever....
It's been a strange couple of days. I'm still nursing my jawbone infection (with the corresponding shooting pains, more than normal sleepless nights, and just general cranky-ness) BUT, I finally got the ok from the insurance, and re-made my cancelled appointment for a root canal. Never in my wildest dreams had I figured to be happy to make that appointment! LOL. It's after Christmas, and I'm not entirely sure whether that's a blessing or not but eating does NOT hurt.... so maybe it's not so bad. I was not aware of one thing though. A root canal consists of 3 appointments here, and than a years wait before they put the crown on. First they clean the roots and get the infection cleaned up and pumped full of medicine, than they wait a while for that to clear before they actually fill the rootcanal, and if that works out, they put the filling in.....
That they are taking care of the infection felt good. It freaked me out when she said it was severely infected. All my fear senses (And I have quite a few, believe me) went on high alert, and I kept thinking of the idiot in Texas, that told me... "We don't know what it is, it's an encapsuled infection of some kind, but it's not cancer". I do this everytime I hear the word, and sometimes I wonder if that will ever go away...... Oh well, you didn't come here to hear me moan, so...... Good news is..... Between December 27 and sometime next year.... I won't have a tooth-ache anymore :-)

Haven't started my page for the scrapping things yet.... still on the fence about that. I'm also still trying to clean off the I-Mac so we can take it somewhere to be checked.....Although I don't believe it's the computer, the fact remains that Mike used to be able to run The Sims, and now it won't even install.... so it needs to be checked why it's not "playing nice" anymore:-)  Clearing email, one mail at a time, if you have about 15-thousand of them is quite a daunting task. Atleast I started to throw stuff out as I get them, but I'm  not making much of a dent in the rest of them. The Tera-drive is getting fuller, and I'm trying to figure out a system that will catalog the contents on the drive, and I won't have to do it everytime I hook it up to a different computer. I thought I had a good start, on my mac, untill I tried to find things on the Imac, and it came up with absolutely nothing. I aliased kits to elements, papers, animals, flowers, and than again by color and I had a pretty good search result when I did that. I hook it up to the Imac..... nothing. When I just started, I made Picaboo photobooks, splitting them into books of papers, full kits, masks/brushes/styles, quickpages, temples etc, and that was ok, but with a tera-byte of stuff, that's not really an option anymore.... so, like my genealogy filing system.... I need to figure out something that works, and find the time to redo the current system! So, if you have ANY ideas in this directions.... bring them :-)
I realised the other day, that unless I work with a kit, and only that kit.... I spend 90% of my scrapping time looking for things. I know what I want, but unless I know the designer... I'll have to do a search of all png files. Besides the time it takes to do the search, I can spend hours looking thru everything. There HAS to be a better way!

The new mini's at Ivy Scraps are in. I haven't played with them yet, but I'm hoping to be able to do so on Thursday.

The Point In Time challenge over at the Studio, will be posted by end of week, and will run thru January.

Booland Designs is still having a huge sale over at the Studio, and we've been told there are lots of good things coming up, so stay tuned...... But untill the other cat is let out of the bag.... She still has an awesome sale going to the end of this month.... in her own Bargain Bin.....



StarSongStudio's has a new kit coming, but I haven't had time to play with it either.
She also has a freebie on her blog, that was made with her latest release: Winter Wonderland. go take a look. The kit is great for pages, or bookmarks, or greetingcards... if you can think of a use... it will handle its execution, flawlessly!
I started to put a snow picture behind the window, but decided against it. I love the snow piled up in the window panes, and wanted to show it off a bit.. The only way to do that, was to put a non-snow picture in it.......


I come away with one thought, after putting this post together..... I have a lot of things I need to take care of this week!

For now, I'm going to see if I can catch a nap in what's left of the night, and get a fresh, if frantic and time crunched, start around 6 AM. That will give me a good 3.5 hours.... That's do-able, right?

Hugs, and talk soon.
Pauli

No comments:

Post a Comment