Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I hit a little snag

in the Christmas shopping department....
Mike only wants 2 things, so I thought..... Done in 5 minutes!
I really should know better by now, but what can I say, I'm an optimist LOL

He wants Black Knight Rising.... not a problem, it came out yesterday, and I'm going to base tomorrow or so and I'm sure they'll have it. If not, there's Amazon :-)
So I have  4.5 minutes left, right? NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!

He wants a work shirt, like the one he used to have in Iowa, that he can wear to work, without worrying it will tear, and that is warm that if he has to go outside for/with a customer, he's not freezing. You know, the flannel outside, with the nice warm fleece lining and a hood?  I went to Cabelas, thinking that they had wearable clothing. They HAVE to, right?! All I could find was somthing Kenny from SouthPark would wear, if he wanted to get trashed again. I think Plastic wear is in this year. What's with fashion these days? Not everybody is 16, and us old geezers need to wear clothes too? Trust me, you WANT us to wear clothes! LOL
EddieBauer is even worse. Unless it's checkered, or has some funky design, and god forbid you want a color other than grey............... forget it. Walmart, Sears/Target was next......... nope.

I think it's time to figure out if my sewingmachine works here, right after I find out if they have a shop here that sells material and patterns. There's one tiny little shop in Kerkrade (10 minutes by bus) but they mainly sells stuff to make dresses, and no patterns, thread, buttons, zippers or anything. I swear. I have no idea how people make a living having a shop here. The other place I HAVE seen materials, but again, no patterns of any kind, is the really huge Maastricht Market (hour and a half trainride). Since we accidentally caught it one day, I'll have to find out when that is held, and see if I can go there and check out what they have. For now, I'll have to ask him if he wants maybe something else for Christmas......

I'll get going on the the secondary promise.... I'm still working on the family cookbook, and planned on having it done this year, hopefully in time for Christmas. I hope, once it is dispensed to my sisters, I will get some recipe's in return, to add to it. Otherwise, it will be a very THIN cookbook! :-) I had it started with a certain look, but I think I will let everybody put their own touches on the rest of it, and make it truly a family collaboration. That way, I can also do a little bit creative scrapping on the other recipe's I want to put in it. LOL.

Don't forget to hug that loved one! My fuzzy roommate is on his blanket, right next to the keyboard, with his head on my hand, so please forgive the occasional weird words?

hugs,
Pauli

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Pauli,
    I know exactly the shirt he is talking about, Try Bass Pro Shop maybe. Do you all have a Target or anything like that. I know you said that you checked there and Walmart, but I didnt know if you had one locally, or had to order. That kinda sucks not having a nice sewing shop when that is your passion. I hope you all have a nice Christmas. I was able to make it to Liscomb and Marshalltown this summer for the day. Had a awesome time, and enjoyed a Maid Rite at Taylors. Take Care and dont tell Mike hi, because I doubt he would care anyway..LOL. Have a nice Christmas Pauli :) Kim

    ReplyDelete