Friday, April 5, 2013

I'm bummed!

I just found out, that a research friend of mine has passed away.
I had been sending emails and never heard back, which was odd for him, but I also know that time has the unhappy habit of slipping by faster and faster, so I didn't put a whole lot of thought into it. Tonight, I had a question, and sent an email, and it came back as non-deliverable. Since he has had the same email for as long as I've known him, I googled him and found 2 sentences under his obituary.
His name, his birthdate and death date.

For a man who has spent his lifetime gathering and sharing information on family, hangers on, in-laws, step- and adoptive branches of his family tree, this just seemed somehow wrong on a level I cannot put to paper.  I checked on Find A Grave, and there is nothing there. I tried the newspaper of the town he lived in... nothing there either. If I didn't know better, I would not know he existed. so.......... with good memories and the sincere hope I may one day have a website even half as awesome as yours.....

Rest in Peace Steve Lawson 
July 2, 1938 - June 29, 2011
God Bless

This is all I wanted to say tonight. Don't forget to hug that loved one!!

Hugs,
Pauli

No comments:

Post a Comment