Wednesday, July 27, 2011

YUP, I'm at it again

In playing with StarSongs part of the HeritageScrap collab, I ventured into the family pictures that were slated for the family tree........ and I'm hooked again. As if I didn't have enough distractions from opening and sorting and putting away and planning on putting away of the boxes we have in the house!

I remembered I had a picture that I saved as "family picnic" and went looking for it...
well, I found it! LOL
While I was putting the page together, I realised that Mikes dad was not in the picture, neither was the youngest son or the father.... the backside had writing on it, that I also scanned when I scanned the photograph, but it didn't have a date. As far as I can find out in researching the park.... 3 bridges park, is in Texas, but the Tuffree's didn't have any family there (that I found) and neither did the Kelley side of this family unit.....

These discoveries have my brain itching with possibilities on so many levels...... and the only remedy would be to dig out the family tree and do research. Hence my dilemma LOL! But for now, my thoughts are these:
- The caption is not about the park in Texas, but a local-ish park with that name, either official or just a name the family gave it.... or they just went on vacation, and it IS the park in Texas. The picture is cropped, part of the writing on the back has been obliterated, and you really can't tell anything of the background, so that will have to stay a  mystery, unless somebody has the same picture somewhere, and the whole story :-)
- I have to find out if Mikes dad was the one taking the picture, where his father was, and where his youngest brother was..... By the age of the kids, I'd say Ben had already passed away, and maybe Keith hadn't been born yet (making the year the picture was taken: 1929, Lawrence 7 and too young to man a camera and too early for people to have their own camera, especially a young widow with 5 kids) Intriguing questions, that SO make me want to find the family tree and start digging again....
- The third puzzle is the Sellers.... There were no family relations, as far as I can remember, but they show up on 2 more pictures I have, so somehow they were important to the family....
OH YEAH! Family tree... I'm coming!

Here's the page I made. It will go in the family tree album, and next to it will come a blow-up of the picture. As soon as I get it cleaned up and restored LOL



I also heard from the doctor in Cedar Rapids.
Mike and I had remembered right, and I have no idea when/how or why halfway thru the treatment, Non Hodgkins Lymphoma replaced the original diagnosis of Hodgkins Lymphoma. NOT a good thing. Even though its treatable, here in The Netherlands, it seems the survival chances are a lot lower than in The States.... Will we come to regret our decision to come home? I hope not. Maybe I should hold off on unpacking too many more boxes.......

No comments:

Post a Comment