Sunday, August 26, 2012

Had some time today.....

It rained. Not a sissy-rain, but honest to goodness, bounce 2 foot back in the air RAIN! LOL
I loved it. Perky not so much, because after the heatwave we've been having, it got quite nippy by the window, and that is where my chair (read HIS sleepingspot) resides. So he came and slept on my lap for a while,while we watched the footballgame we taped Saturday morning snuggled up to Mike for a bit and finally laid next to the computer, on the desk, with one paw on my arm..... while I played around with some of the kits I hadn't done much with yet.

So... here's the result of my favorite weather, combined with having to go absolutely nowhere :-)

I did figure out that I either have to go out and take pictures, or scan some of the ones I have in albums, because I seem to be using the same pictures over and over....... Sorry about that.....  I guess I can put the different pages in different photo-abums (like one for ours, and one for my sister, that kind of thing) but I have to admit, that no matter how much I like the pictures.... it's time for new ones. LOL

JessicasSweetNothings' kit Old Love.

TravlynWomynsOriginals kit Waterscape


JessicasSweetNothings' kit Shades of the White
The frames are not part of the kit
I thought it very interesting, and frankly a little bit daunting to use a complete "colorless" kit. Once I looked at it really closely, I was scared to start, because I had no idea how to make it look good. The kit has mostly dark papers so I partially colored one, just a teense, and put a very slight white layer on top of the paper once I put the rest of the page together, to lighten it up just a little, in order for the elements to show up a bit better. I don't think I made the kit "shine", so to speak, and I am sorry for that. It is a very nice kit, and I will have to get better at using blacks, whites and greys in a way  that makes the pages special instead of dark. My problem, and in no way a reflection on the kit. I just have never done this before.......


The second attempt turned out a little better, but I'm still not happy........


well, it's after midnight, and I have my alarm set for 5.30.... Tomorrow is the first day of my new schedule. Getting up at the same time every morning, no matter if/how late I went to sleep the day before, have certain chores done, on certain days, no matter what distractions come up, or how bad I feel, and in general... to heck with what else happens, get that part of my life that I CAN, back on track!

So, this is it, for me, for tonight, I will be back as soon as I can :-) 
Don't forget to hug a loved one!

Hugs and have an awesome week.



No comments:

Post a Comment